Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Dumpling Dumpling


Bear with me, I just can't help it..

The annual Dumpling Festival is back tomorrow. In Malaysia as with many countries with Chinese communities worldwise, this traditional Chinese festival is celebrated by the eating of a variety of steamed glutinous rice dumplings. And it also reminds me of my mummy..

My mum could actually wrap a dumpling very well, normally she stuffed with ingredients such as fatty pork, dried shitake mushrooms, dried shrimps, salted egg yolk, bamboo shoots wrapped in bamboo leaves, she normally wrapped it in a shape of pillow rather than in pyramid form, every time when she put the wrapped ZhungZi in a steamer, we can promptly smell the fragnant of dumpling drawn out from the steamer, it needs to be steamed for at least 2 hours, I was so impatient, how could i resist the temptation of eating?

I can still remember the taste after so many years.....it might not be the best to others, but it's the best that I've ever had so far.

I miss Mummy so much. Why did she have to die?..........

2 Comments:

Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

I still havent have had a dumpling this year! Hmmm Mum not making la...

5:26 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Hmm... dumplings... I love with a lot of fat pork inside... Though guilty, but it's excellent

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home