Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wesak Day 2006

Wesak day falls on Friday, so that we have a long weekend holidays. This day, my friend brought me to one of famous buddhist temple around the China Town for praying, it were so crowded, the temple is simple but clean, they were actually serving complimentary vegetarian lunch that I actualy least expected.

After done from the temple, I suddenly feel like to browse around the buddha statue shops, I was thinking to get one for my new house.We went to few shops and didn't get anyone suitable until I saw this Guan Ying statue at one shop at Jalan Petaling, it caught my attention even it were positioned among all other statues. I think this is so called 'Yuan Fen' (Destiny)

I was so impressed by its workmanship and its pose sitting on the Lotus, it were actually total 9 Lotus Flowers around, so called 'Nine Lotus Guan Ying'. I could feel the spirit of 'generousity' drawn out from it. After I was told that it was the last piece left, without any delay, I made up my mind and brought it back :)

2 Comments:

Blogger pakcik said...

that thing is freaking expensive lah.

need to see it in real life when I have the chance..then only i know why it cost you a bomb ;)

11:31 PM  
Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

I love statues.. be it of any origins. They are very cool especially those craved from stones. ;)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home